June 8th, 2019 BeerNow19
Categorized under: beer
2019 Beer Now – General Musings Day 2
Great Falls, Malt-tanna – Home of the Golden Triangle
Running thoughts from Day 2 at the 2019 Beer Now Conference
- Never Write a “Brewery Profile” Story Again | Jess Baker, Editor-in-Chief of CraftBeer.com
- What makes a story stand out? Be Difference?
- “Share stories of people who inspire your writing”. Not all stories are different nor interesting.
- Podcasting in the Craft Beer World. Chris Leuke
- Checklist for creating a podcast: http://pubcastworldwide.com/beernow/
- You don’t have to live on beer alone: An experiment in diversification. Jeff Cioletti
- Coming out soon: “Drink like a geek”
- There are approximately 2,000 craft distillers in USA.
- There are 300-400 craft breweries that are also distilling.
- “Don’t expect to get rich, when writing a book. Expect to cry a lot, when you see the royalty statement.”
- Sake Brewers Association of North America –
- ReImagining Beer: Crafting a new voice for the industry. Zachary Rosen
- All beer recipe starts with a though. Need to think about what you are going to brew, before you get started.
- We experience beer through all our senses. It’s not just the beer in the glass, but it’s everything else that’s happening at the same time.