Lowell Ribs and Brew Festival
The City of Lowell along with the New England Barbecue Society is gearing up for 2007 Rib’n Brews Festival – are YOU ready?!? The City kicks off this two day Kansas City-style barbecue competition on Friday, September 7th at 6:00pm on the Tsongas Arena grounds.
This event also includes a microbrew challenge, food sampling and sale, and live entertainment from some of Boston’s top bands. Admission is $5 (children under 12 are admitted free).
Patrons can watch the barbecue competition unfold as chefs baste, season and grill their way to the State title on every type of barbecue equipment imaginable including huge trailer-mounted barbecue pits, kettle grills and water smokers. The winners of the contest will receive a proclamation from the Massachusetts Governor as the Stateâ€™s Best Barbecue Cooker as well as invitations to two national competitions.
Friday, September 7th, 6:00pm-12:00am
Saturday, September 8th, 12:00pm -12:00am
Sunday, September 9th, 12:00pm â€“ 6:00pm.
Many microbreweries will participate in this event and will be announced soon. The cost for sampling beers in the Microbrew Challenge is $20.00. Participants will receive a complimentary glass, twelve 4oz. samplers and a ballot sheet to vote for their favorite beer/brewery. Participants must be 21 years or older.
* Concord Ale * Cape Ann Brewing Co. * Old Burnside Brewing Co.
* Harpoon Brewery * Ipswich Ale * Longtrail Ale
* Wachusett Brewery * Smuttynose Brewery * Magic Hat Brewery
* Sierra Nevada Brewery * Shipyard Brewery * Diagio Imports (Guiness)
* The Tap Brewery * Buzzards Bay Brewery * Stella Artois Brewery
* Global Brewery * Anheuser Busch (Microbrew Division)