Beer Dinner – The Maine Event (Philadelphia)
The Maine Event – Mike Stollenwerk visits Northern Shores w/ a Maine-Inspired Seafood & Beer Dinner + more news from Fish
Philadelphia — Fish Chef/Owner Mike Stollenwerk celebrates the fresh bounty of Maine’s rocky shores with The Maine Event, a 7-course seafood and beer dinner for one night only.
The Maine Event at Fish, Tuesday, July 27, features updated classics crafted from Maine’s copious catch, expertly paired with craft beer varieties from Maine-based breweries Sea Dog, Allagash and Shipyard.
- Classic Maine “Chowda” : Shipyard Export Ale
- Peekytoe Crab [avocado, cucumber, radish greens] : Allagash White
- Fried Pemaquid Oyster [potato remoulade, pickled shallot, living cress] : Allagash Black
- Lobster [chanterelle mushroom, roasted corn, sea urchin]: Allagash Tripel
- Scallop [pulled venison, beet, whole grain] : Allagash Dubbel
- Monkfish [Johnny blue mussel, leek, apple, curry] : Allagash Curieux
- Blueberry Buckle [w/ honey ice cream] : Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat
Reservations available, $85 per person. Seatings: 6pm & 8:30pm. Call 215.545.9600.
On the heels of The Maine Event, Fish celebrates all things crab during Crab Week, August 2-5. This a la carte celebration will feature Peekytoe Crab, Blue Crabs, Dungeness Crab, and Stone Crabs, among others and crafted in updated classics such as crab imperial, crab cakes and more.
On Wednesday, August 25, chef and restaurateur Mike Stollenwerk will appear at the prestigious James Beard House in New York City—home of the James Beard Foundation, the nation’s premier culinary non-profit organization. He returns to Philadelphia to present the James Beard event’s full custom menu at Fish, on Tuesday, August 31.
Fish makes a splash by combining culinary innovation, sleek sophistication and imaginatively astute flavor combinations. Fish is tucked into an intimate 30-seat row house in the charming Graduate Hospital neighborhood—the former home of the legendary Astral Plane.
Dinner is served Monday-Sunday, 5pm-close. Outdoor seating available for the season.
1708 Lombard Street, 215.545.9600; www.fishphilly.com