Beer Event: Cambridge Brewing celebrates 22 Years ~ 22 Beers (MA)
From the CBC newsletter:
CBC 22 Year Anniversary Celebration
- Friday May 6 and Saturday May 7
- 5:00pm – 1:00am
No tickets are needed for this event and all tables and barstools are first come, first served so make sure you get there early.
To continue the tradition and to uphold his part in Brewdaddy’s challenge, CBC Brewmaster Will Meyers will feature 22 beers on tap both nights. Beginning at 5 o’clock on Friday, May 6 we’ll open the beer taps to 22 of the tastiest, freshest brews this side of…well, we think anywhere really. Then we’ll do it all again on Saturday replacing any beers that kicked with brand new ones.
- Friday night at 5pm we’ll kick off the festivities with the official 2011 release of Red God!
- Also slated to be on tap for the weekend will be not one but TWO different vintages of the Cerise Cassée.
- Another beer we’re really excited about is the CBC/Kissmeyer Citra Tripel which was brewed in collaboration with Anders Kissmeyer, formerly of Nørrebro Bryghus and president of newly founded Kissmeyer Beer Project in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- And of course no CBC celebration is complete without barleywine. In fact, we’ll feature vintages of both Blunderbuss and Arquebus on Friday and Saturday night respectively.
- Starting last Friday (exactly 22 days before our anniversary) Will has been updating the CBC website each day with a new beer to be included in the line-up. So if you want to be the first to know, check this link everyday for the update. http://cambridgebrewing.com/events/details/cbcs-22nd-anniversary
Of course not to be outdone, Executive Chef David Drew will have a few treasures of his own coming from the kitchen.
Sourcing from local farms and the very best ingredient springtime in New England has to offer, Chef Dave and CBC’s new sous chef Nick Gardner are creating the perfect specials to compliment this much beer.
But wait… there’s more!
For the third year in a row we’ll be turning our outdoor patio into a giant beer garden. This year we’re even bringing in a 6 foot grill for Chef Dave. There you’ll find Grilled Bratwurst on Pretzel Roll with Sauerkraut and Beer Mustard; Grilled Flatbread with Caramelized Onions, Great Hill Blue, Balsamic Portabellas and Arugula; and Marinated Chicken Kebabs with Grilled Peppers and Onions on Pita all for only $5!
And to complete the outdoor vibe, on Saturday night we’ll be joined by the sounds of The Matt Berlin Trio from 7 to 10pm.