Black Friday Alert: Why beer is the perfect gift
With the Holidays approaching you are, no doubt, furiously wracking your brain for the perfect gift that will satisfy everyone on your list. Beer really is a great gift for everyone, with the exception of your 2 year-old nephew (wait till he is at least 5). Here’s why:
1. Beer is a gift that can be shared and experienced by all. It’s much easier to pour out small tasters of your special beer than it is for everyone to try on the new socks you got. Plus, most family gatherings feature a meal that will need some liquid accompaniment.
2. Beer can say something about who you are and where you are from. In an age of commoditization and mass-produced consumer items, isn’t it nice to try something unique? Look for a local brew from a small producer and chances are your friends and family will be excited to try something new. You also get to share some of your own personality in your choice of beer.
3. It’s a great way to convert new craft beer drinkers. While your uncle Joe may not go out and try a new beer, he may be more likely to drink something received as a gift. It’s a great conversation starter as well, and will allow you to spread the good word about quality beer.
4. Unless you keep the bottle as a keepsake, it won’t clutter up your house. This is a big one for me, as I am trying to reduce the amount of “stuff” in my life.
5. The more beer you give, the more you get! By now all of my friends and family know that I like trying new and exciting beers from far-flung locations. This has led to a significant increase in the amount of “useful gifts” that I receive. I’m always excited to hear that someone has come back from a trip with something for me.
The last point that I will make is that beer is also relatively cheap. All of this makes beer one of the least expensive, most unique and most appreciated gifts that you can bring to a holiday gathering.
Now you know what I want in my stocking.
Founder & Brewer
RiverWalk Brewing Co.