Beer Release: Black & Blue and My Antonia
Beers on deck from Dogfish Head:
Black & Blue: A Belgian-style golden ale fermented with blackberries and blueberries. Because we dose Black & Blue with real berries — rather than artificial flavoring — the fruit comes through in the flavor, not just the aroma. 10% ABV.
The pureed berries are added as the beer leaves the brewhouse. In fermentation, the yeast — the same one we use in Red & White and Pangaea — feeds on sugars from the barley and the berries, giving Black & Blue a unique complexity and a high ABV.
We currently send this beer (when available) to our wholesale partners in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, VT, WA
- Original Release Date: 02/2007
- Food Pairing Recommendations: Spicy pork, toasted nuts, chocolate
- Glassware Recommendation: Snifter
- Tasting Notes: Smooth, blackberries, blueberries
- Wine Comparable: Zinfandel, medium-bodied reds
My Antonia: From our stable of Living Beers comes this lager for ale lovers. My Antonia is a continually-hopped imperial pilsner that is citrusy, sweet and refined. 7.5% ABV. This lager for ale lovers is citrusy, sweet and refined.
My Antonia started out as a collaboration beer when Sam brewed it at Birra del Borgo (hope you can read Italian) outside Rome, Italy, with owner/brewer Leonardo DiVencenzo in October 2008. In 2010, we began brewing My Antonia here in Delaware for U.S. distribution.
We currently send My Antonia (when available) to our wholesale partners in the following states:
AZ, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, VA, VT, WA
- Original Release Date: 10/2008
- Food Pairing Recommendations: Raw oysters, grilled sausages, lasagna, Swiss cheese
- Wine Comparable: Bordeaux-white