The 2012 Great American Beer Fest (GABF) starts today 10/11 (CO)
If you’re a craft beer fan you probably already know that the 2012 Great American Beer Festival starts today.
“The Great American Beer Festival is the premier U.S. beer festival and competition. Each year, GABF represents the largest collection of U.S. beer ever served, in the format of a public tasting event plus a private competition. GABF brings together the brewers and beers that make the U.S. the world’s greatest brewing nation. This event showcases the diverse beers that make craft brewing one of the fastest-growing segments of the beer, wine and spirits industry. GABF was founded in 1982, and has been growing and evolving along with the American craft brewing industry ever since. The Great American Beer Festival is listed as one of the top 1,000 places in the U.S. to visit before you die.”
The Great American Beer Festival takes place at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
Session Date / Session Time:
- Thursday, October 11 – 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Friday, October 12 – 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Saturday, October 13 - 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Members Only Session)
- Saturday, October 13 – 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Participating breweries from New England
- New Hampshire
- The Prodigal Brewery - http://theprodigalbrewery.com
- Redhook Brewery, Portsmouth - http://redhook.com/
- Smuttynose Brewing Company - http://www.smuttynose.com/
- Allagash Brewing Company - http://www.allagash.com/
- Shipyard Brewing Company - http://www.shipyard.com/
- Boston Beer Company - http://www.samueladams.com
- Cambridge Brewing Company - http://www.cambridgebrewingcompany.com/
- Cisco Brewers - http://www.ciscobrewers.com/
- Jack’s Abby Brewing - http://jacksabbybrewing.com/
- Watch City Brewery - http://watchcitybrew.com/
- Wormtown Brewing - http://www.wormtownbrewery.com/
- Rhode Island
- Narragansett Brewery - http://www.narragansettbeer.com/
- Revival Brewing Company - http://revivalbrewing.com
- Trinity Brewhouse - http://www.trinitybrewhouse.com/
- Magic Hat Brewery - http://www.magichat.net/
- The 2012 festival sold out in 45 minutes during the public ticket sale.
- 2,700+ beers in the festival hall—the biggest selection of American beers ever served.
- More than 36,500 gallons of beer.
- 49,000 attendees (includes ticketed attendees, brewers, judges, volunteers and journalists).
- 578 U.S. breweries served in the festival hall.
- GABF has a $7 million economic impact on the city of Denver, according to Visit Denver, the city’s convention and visitors bureau.
Great American Beer Festival Competition
- 84 categories of beer will be judged in 2012, covering 134 beer styles, as well as the GABF Pro-Am.
- The competition will be judged by 188 judges from 11 countries.
- Judging takes place October 10-12 before the public sessions open.
- 676 Breweries are entered into the competition representing 48 states, Guam and Washington, D.C.
- 154 First-time entrants into the competition.
- 4,300 beers were entered in the 2011 competition (an nine percent increase from 3,930 in 2010).