News from Boston Beer Company – Beer Finder
@beer, @samadams, @bostonbeerco,
NEWS from Boston Beer Company
A beer finder was just added to the Sam Adams website. It’s pretty cool. Simply enter your zip code and select the beer/mixed pack that you are looking for. For example:
Say that you are a fan of the Longshot collection, but you don’t know where to find it.
- Start by clicking on this link: http://www.samueladams.com/find-a-sam.aspx?
- From the drop down, select “Longshot”.
- Then choose how far away that you are willing to travel.
- Enter your zip code.
After selecting submit, you will receive a list of stores, bars, and restaurants that offer the “Longshot” collection. If you really want to test it, select a beer, visit the location and confirm that the beer is currently available. That’s the true test!!
After nearly 1,000 years of brewing, and two years of collaboration, the result of our work with the Weihenstephan Brewery is nearly complete. We are excited to say that this very special product will be released soon.
THE CHALLENGE: create a completely new beer style with only the four traditional beer ingredients. That mission brought together European heritage and American ingenuity with a collaboration between the brewers of Weihenstephan and Samuel Adams. The innovation and new approach to brewing traditions resulted in the creation of this new and unique beer.
But the first question is, “Who is Weihenstephan?”
Check out the video link below to get a little background on the vaunted Weihenstephan Brewery, and why they made such a special partner for us on this project.
Find out more at http://www.samueladams.com/collaboration/.
Beer Profile: Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale (included in the Fall Harvest Collection)
A perennial favorite at our brewery Halloween party, Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale is brewed with over 11 pounds of real pumpkin per barrel, adding a full body and sweetness to this dark reddish amber brew. Deep roasted malts, including a smoked malt, lend a distinct roasted character while traditional pumpkin pie spices give the beer a subtle spice note.
- Flavor: Smooth and roasty, real pumpkin adds to a full body and sweetness while deep roasted malts lend a toasty finish to this subtly spiced brew.
- Color: Dark reddish amber
- Original Gravity: 15° Plato
- Alcohol by Vol/Wt: 5.7% ABV, 4.4% ABW
- Calories/12oz.: 199
- Malt Varieties: Two-row Harrington, Metcalf, and Copeland pale malts, Caramel 60, Special B, and Smoked Malt
- Hop Varieties: East Kent Goldings and English Fuggles
- Special Ingredients: real pumpkin and a spice blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
- Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams ale yeast
- First Brewed: 2010
- Availability: Seasonal (Sept. – Oct.) in the Harvest Collection Variety pack
Beer Profile: Sam Adams Oktoberfest
Brewed with five varieties of malted barley for a big, rich flavor. The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color.
Samuel Adams Octoberfest has a rich, deep reddish amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams Octoberfest masterfully blends together five roasts of malt to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee.
The malt is complimented by the elegant bitterness imparted by the Bavarian Noble hops. Samuel Adams Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the heartier brews of winter.
- Flavor: Smooth with a deep malt complexity. Lightly hopped for a smooth sweet finish.
- Color: Deep red amber
- Original Gravity: 13.6° Plato
- Alcohol by Vol/Wt: 5.3%ABV – 4.1%ABW
- Calories/12 oz.: 183
- Malt Varieties: Two-row Harrington and Metcalfe pale malts, Munich-10, Moravian, and Caramel 60
- Hop Varieties: Tettnang Tettnanger and Hallertau Mittelfrueh Noble hops
- Yeast Strain: Samuel Adams lager yeast
- Availability: Seasonal (August – October)
- First Brewed: 1989
Boston Brewery Tours:
In our opinion, there is no better Samuel Adams experience than the one you get here at the Boston Brewery. Come learn about our history, the brewing process and, of course, taste some of our award winning beers.
- Monday – Thursday: 10am – 3pm
- Fridays: 10am – 5:30pm
- Saturdays: 10am – 3pm
- 30 Germania Street
- Boston, MA 02130
- MBTA Orange Line – Stony Brook Station
Tours start approximately every 45 minutes. Each tour has limited space, so be sure to arrive early! Saturdays are especially busy and we often fill all available tour spaces by early afternoon. Please note that we now open at 10am on Saturdays.