2011 Brewers Association Board of Directors
BREWERS ASSOCIATION SEATS 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Boulder, CO • March 2011—The Brewers Association (BA), the not-for-profit trade group dedicated to promoting and protecting America’s small and independent brewers, is pleased to announce its 2011 board of directors.
Following the member election, held last fall, the following new board members were elected: Stephen Hindy of Brooklyn Brewery, John Mallett of Bell’s Brewery, Inc., Eric Wallace of Left Hand Brewing Company and Steve Bradt of Freestate Brewing Company.
The BA board officers remain the same with Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head Craft Brewery returning as Vice Chair, Mark Edelson of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant returning as Secretary/Treasurer and Nick Matt of F.X. Matt Brewing Co. returning as Chair. Matt was elected by the board to serve an at-large term. Additionally Kim Jordan of New Belgium Brewing Company will serve on the Executive Commitee as a Past Board Chair.
“I am pleased to return as board chair to work with leaders from across the craft brewing industry, along with the staff of the Brewers Association,” said Nick Matt. “It is an honor to play a leadership role in helping the BA represent the interests of small brewers and the community of brewing enthusiasts.”
The Board provides strategic direction for the Brewers Association. With 37 full-time employees and additional independent contract staff, the Brewers Association serves 1,634 Brewery Members, 223 Wholesalers, 348 Allied Trade Members and 25,000+ American Homebrewers Association Members.
Following is a complete, alphabetical list of the Brewers Association board of directors and committee chairs.
- Steve Bradt – Head Brewer – Freestate Brewing Company
- Sam Calagione –Vice Chair – CEO/President – Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Dick Cantwell – Owner – Elysian Brewing Company
- Mark Edelson –Secretary/Treasurer- Owner – Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Gary Fish – CEO/President – Deschutes Brewery
- Chris P. Frey – AHA Representative
- Chris Graham –AHA Representative – Beer, Beer & More Beer
- Ken Grossman – CEO/President – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Stephen Hindy – Chairman/President – Brooklyn Brewery
- Kim Jordan – CEO & Founder – New Belgium Brewing Company
- John Mallett – Beer Production Manager – Bell’s Brewery, Inc.
- Nick Matt – Chair – CEO – Matt Brewing Company
- John Pinkerton – Brewmaster/Partner – Moon River Brewing Company
- Rob Tod – Owner – Allagash Brewing Company
- Eric Wallace – President – Left Hand Brewing Company
- AHA Governing: Chris P. Frey
- Communications: Dick Cantwell
- Events: Steve Bradt
- Executive: Nick Matt
- Finance: Mark Edelson
- Governance: Gary Fish
- Government Affairs: Sam Calagione
- Market Development Committee: Rob Tod
- Pipeline Committee: Dick Cantwell
- Public Relations & Marketing: Kim Jordan
- (sub) Export Development Program: Brett Joyce
- Technical: Ken Grossman