Boston Beer Company wins at international fests
Boston Beer Company won 2 golds and a bronze at 2011 European Beer Star Competition and 2 awards at the Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival.
2011 European Beer Star Competition
- Boston Beer Company – Samuel Adams Honey Porter – Specialty Honey Beer- Gold
- Boston Beer Company – Samuel Adams Utopias 2011 – Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer – Gold
- Boston Beer Company – Samuel Adams Holiday Porter – Porter – Bronze
The eighth annual European Beer Star is one of the most recognized beer competitions in the world, committed to the traditional European art of brewing. The competition evaluates beers purely on sensory criteria.
2011 Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival
- Draft Light Lager to Medium max 5.9% – Bronze: Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Boston Beer Company
- Draft Semi-dark, dark lagers max 5.9% – Bronze: Samuel Adams Octoberfest, Boston Beer Company
This event is one of Europe’s largest trade and consumer shows.
Other Notable successes:
- Lagunitas Brewing Company won the Best Beer at the Festival award for their New Dog Town Pale Ale at the 2011 Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival.
- Pelican Pub & Brewery won five awards-two gold, two silver and one bronze-at the 2011 European Beer Star competition.
“Europe is the home for much of the world’s beer culture, so it is truly an honor for Pelican beers to be recognized at the European Beer Star. The many rich brewing traditions of Europe have always inspired the brews of the Pelican Pub & Brewery,” said Darron Welch, brewmaster and owner of Pelican Pub & Brewery.
For the full results, please visit: brewers association.