Beer Event: Ales over ALS a Crafter Delight 10/6 (MA)
Ales over ALS a Crafter Delight
Ales Over ALS – A Crafter’s Delight is a celebration of all things locally crafted from farm, sea and brew kettle — in support of the continued quest to find a cure for ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). All proceeds from this inaugural fundraising event will go directly to the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI) — the world’s only not-for-profit research facility. Located in in Cambridge, MA, ALS TDI is dedicated to developing viable treatments and a cure for this incurable, degenerative neurological disease.
Essex Shipbuilding Museum
66 Main St., Essex, Massachusetts 01929
Saturday, October 6, 2012
5:00pm until 10:00pm
The evening will be highlighted by a home brewing competition set in the historic Essex Shipbuilding Museum. The event will feature hand-crafted beers from seven amateur home brewers that will be judged by special guests as well as by fundraiser attendees.
Supporting Commercial Brewers:
- Haverhill Brewing Company, Haverhill, MA
- Ipswich Ale, Mercury Brewing Company, Ipswich, MA
- The Alchemist, Warren VT.
Competing Amateur Brewers:
- Micah Nyatsambo, Dover, NH
- Tim Broderick – Hamilton, MA
- Fuzzy Faulstich – Beverly, MA
- Alastair Hewitt – Wakefield, MA
- Tim Cavanaugh & Ryan Veno – Boston, MA & Exeter, NH
- Jason Spanks – Gloucester, MA
- Jake Rogers – Ipswich, MA
- Jason Grazado – Marblehead, MA
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT: http://community.als.net/alesoverals